Fine jewelry is often passed down from generation to generation. Because it’s valuable, it is important to take care of it properly so that it will last for many years. Here are a few tips on how to store and protect your fine jewelry in Plantation, including engagement and wedding rings, pendants, and more.
To Protect and Preserve Your Precious Pieces, Follow These 5 Tips
By following these simple tips, you can keep your fine jewelry in excellent condition and ensure that it will pass down to future generations as cherished heirlooms.
1. Keep your fine jewelry in a secure place. Store your jewelry in a safe, a safety deposit box, or a sturdy jewelry box with a lock. This will not only keep your jewelry safe from theft but also from damage caused by exposure to the elements.
2. Store each piece separately. To prevent scratches and tangled chains, store each piece of jewelry in a separate compartment or pouch. You can also wrap each piece in a soft cloth.
3. Avoid exposure to light and heat. Sunlight and heat can cause gemstones to fade and some metals to tarnish. Keep your jewelry away from direct sunlight, and store it in a cool, dry place.
4. Protect your jewelry from chemicals. Many household cleaners can damage your jewelry. Remove your jewelry before cleaning, bathing, swimming, gardening, or any other activity that may expose it to chemicals. Also, be cautious when applying lotions or perfumes, as they can damage your jewelry.
5. Clean your jewelry regularly. Regular cleaning will help your jewelry retain its shine and appearance. Use a soft brush to gently clean your jewelry and a polishing cloth to give it a shine, or, ideally, have it professionally cleaned. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials on your jewelry.
For Fine Jewelry in Plantation From Classic to Modern, Choose Matthew’s Jewelers
Matthew’s is THE place to shop when you desire memorable pieces that can be passed down for years. We offer a wide selection and outstanding service! Our experienced staff can help you find the perfect piece of jewelry for any occasion.
Whether you’re shopping for a special someone or treating yourself, you’ll find the perfect piece of jewelry at Matthew’s Jewelers. Stop by our store today to shop with one of our knowledgeable jewelers!