Earrings are often the first piece of jewelry people turn to when they want to complete a look. However, is your look truly complete if the earrings aren’t complimentary? Yes, choosing earrings based on the shape of your face does make a difference. How to choose earrings for your face shape is simple once you learn the trick!
How Do I Figure Out My Face Shape?
Earrings not only pull together an outfit with color, but they can also enhance your features. But before we discover how to choose earrings for your face shape, you need to first know what face shape you have. The easiest way to discover it is to do the mirror trick.
Pull back your hair then, while standing in front of a mirror, trace the outline of your face with lipstick or something else that will easily wash off. What you’ve traced is the natural shape of your face.
So, What Earrings Do I Choose for My Face Shape?
Let’s break it down by shape so you know which earrings will be most flattering:
- Oval: If your face shape is oval, you are blessed! An oval face shape means you can wear practically any type of earrings and look outstanding.
- Diamond: Your amazing cheekbones will be your best feature when you choose earrings that are more wide than long with a diamond shape. You’ll find the earrings with vertical lines and delicate drops work best for you.
- Round: Most people with round faces wish to find ways to elongate their features. This can best be done with sleek, long earrings. Think dangles, chandelier shapes, and long statement earrings that show off a bit of glamor.
- Heart-shaped: Your heart-shaped face can be truly complimented with earrings that are wider at the bottom than they are at the top. Teardrop shapes that dangle are your best bet.
- Square: If you have a square-shaped face, you can have a bit of bold fun with your earrings. Go for large round hoops or earrings with a rounded edge to balance out your appearance.
- Narrow: If you have more length than you do width to your face shape, try wearing short, dangly earrings. Look for ones with elongated curves to accent your cheekbones and soften your overall look.
- Long: For those with a long face, your earrings shouldn’t sit too high on your lobe. Big statement earrings that sit low on your lobe should be your go-to when pulling together your look.
I’m Ready for a New Earring Collection! Where Should I Go for the Highest Quality Earrings in Plantation, Florida?
At Matthew’s Jewelers, we have a vast stock of exceptional quality earrings. Or, if you prefer you can speak to one of our designers about having a special pair or two made just for you!
Either way, our experts can help you learn more about how to choose earrings for your face shape. Stop by our jewelry store in Plantation today!