When shopping for fine jewelry, whether you’re searching for the perfect engagement ring or a commemorative necklace for a graduation, you need to choose the perfect jeweler. You need to find one you can trust to help you choose a piece that will last a lifetime. Someone you can develop a relationship with to help you shop for the perfect fine jewelry for many years to come. Here are some tips on how to shop for a jewelry store in Fort Lauderdale before shopping for jewelry.
How to Choose Your Jeweler
- Check for online reviews and personal references. Search online review sites such as Google, Yelp, Facebook, and read through what people are saying. See how many people like their social media pages. Ask your trusted friends and family members for recommendations.
- Research certifications and membership. See if the jeweler has received certifications from American Gem Society, Gemological Institute of America, or other trustworthy organizations that certify gemstones. Shop for a member of Jewelers of America, where members must keep up with ongoing education and commit to a code of ethics.
- Look for a wide selection and / or a custom jeweler. You want to have plenty of options to choose from, so you’re sure to find the right piece. If you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, ask if they are able to make custom jewelry.
- Ask about return policies and warranties. This is very important, as you want to be sure you can return or exchange jewelry that you’re gifting if it’s not exactly what they want. Ask about the length of time you have for returns / exchanges. You also want to be sure that you’re covered should anything happen from a defective setting or damage.
- Trust your instincts. When speaking with prospective jewelers, go with your gut. If something feels off for some reason, move on to the next shop.
Shop Matthew’s for the Best Jewelry Store in Fort Lauderdale
When you need a trusted, experienced jeweler to help ensure you purchase quality diamonds and other fine jewelry at an affordable price, turn to Matthew’s Jewelers. Stop in our jewelry store in Fort Lauderdale today, and let us help you choose the perfect wedding band or dazzling earrings that will continue to bring you or your loved one joy for many years to come.