Popping the question? Now that you’ve found the right partner, it’s time to find just the right symbol of your love. Overwhelmed by the options? If you’re new to stone selection, chances are good that you’ve got questions. Here are 5 tips to select the best stone for your engagement ring in Plantation.
1. Understand Diamond Ratings
Before you head to the jeweler, know your four Cs, which is how diamonds are graded.
- Cut is how much sparkle the diamond has, not its shape. How the diamond is cut means how many facets it has to give it that bling.
- Color indicates how colorless the diamond is and is rated from colorless to visibly yellow.
- Clarity measures the imperfections present. Diamonds with smaller and fewer imperfections are more expensive, while those with larger inclusions are likely less expensive.
- Carat is the weight of the diamond.
2. Know That It Doesn’t Have to Be A Diamond
While diamonds are still the most popular and classic choice for an engagement ring, more couples are choosing other stones to take center stage. If you’re choosing a stone other than a diamond, be sure to get what you love, but also consider your lifestyle. Talk to your jeweler about the best stones to withstand your daily wear.
3. Choose a Shape for Your Engagement Ring in Plantation
Gemstones come in a variety of shapes. Round, oval, marquise, princess, and pear to name a few. Consider shapes, and have a few favorites in mind when you’re looking for the perfect engagement ring in Plantation.
4. Go With a Certified Diamond
Be assured of the quality of your diamond when you choose a certified diamond. The American Gem Society and The Gemological Institute of America are both accredited, trusted diamond certifiers.
5. Shop With a Trusted Jeweler for Your Engagement Ring in Plantation
If you’re looking for an engagement ring in Plantation, Matthew’s Jewelers offers a stunning selection and has been trusted by couples for decades. Whether you’re looking for just the right ring in our showroom or would like to create a custom design, our jewelers and designers here at Matthew’s can help. Stop by or call us today for more information at 954-424-2120. We can’t wait to hear all about your engagement story!