We have been thinking a lot about you lately – our valued clients, our staff and the greater communities. Your health and safety are at the top of our priorities and at the heart of every decision we make. Matthew’s Jewelers believes it is critical to do our part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Here are some of the steps we are taking to protect everyone during this ever evolving situation.
We are continuing to follow the guidance and best practices from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes but not limited to:
- You will be asked to remove your mask at the front door for a moment and then replace once entering our store. For our safety and yours, we need capture facial recognition before you enter.
- Daily fogging with 3M C.Diff sanitizing mist
- Disinfection of all touch points throughout the day
- UV sanitation unit for watch repairs and battery installations
- You will be asked to put your rings, etc. in alcohol before we inspect for repair.
- Curbside pick up is always available upon request
- All staff are supplied with gloves and masks
- Limited number of clients in store to ensure social distancing
- We have increased our daily cleaning routines including using our ultrasonic to clean and steam each piece of jewelry after a client tries it on.
- As you go about cleaning your home or office, please be aware of some chemicals that can be detrimental to your jewelry. The best thing you can do is to not wear your jewelry when cleaning. Here is a list of chemicals/cleaners to be cautious of: Clorox bleach, hydrogen peroxide and chlorine. Many of these will harm emeralds, opals, pearls, gold, silver and platinum.
Please don’t attempt to clean your jewelry at home unless you have the proper jewelry cleaner.
- We will continue to stay open with regular hours until further notice. Your jewelry repairs and custom orders are being processed as usual and you will be called when they are ready for pick up. If you are unable to pick up, they will be kept in our vaults until you come by at your convenience to pick them up. While we have no one sick in our store or factory, we want to be as careful as possible for our staff and our clients. Our staff will be provided with paid time off to enable those not feeling well to stay home without losing pay.